Gotta love hitchhikers?

Mary Brunet

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 18, 2016
Messages
5
Reaction score
2
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody have any idea?! There are two of them on my star polyp colony... some kind of crab maybe? They never leave the rock as far as I know.. very interesting little creatures! Thanks!!
20160111_083814-1.jpg
 
Looks like a hermit crab lol
 
Welcome to reef2reef by the way!
 
That's what I thought too.. but I've never seen anything like it... they catch food with their nets... I have had tons of hitchhikers but these are new to me!
 
Oh I see it now lol. I have no clue haha
 
Thanks!! It's nice to join a place with people that undoubtedly know more than I do about saltwater fish tanks! Kind of a 8 month newbie and barely adding corals!
Don worry lol, you will get there! I still ask questions haha.......All the time, even if I know the answer
 
AHHHHHH I love it.
A burrowing (maybe) filter feeder or just finds a good ol hole in a rock.
Eats like an anemone crab or porcelain crab.

@Lionfish Lair You should see this. Its cute.
 
Thanks!! It's nice to join a place with people that undoubtedly know more than I do about saltwater fish tanks!

Someone will always know more than you on particular topics. You will know more than some on other topics. That's why I love these communities. We share it all around.
 
Last edited:
ha. just tagged ya. Thanks for the ID.

Where'd the rock come form?
I live in a rural area, so we ordered them from saltwaterfish.com? Won't do it again, as half of my order was DOA, but these came holed up with a large star polyp colony
 
It's a common name for a few different species. I don't know the different ones, though. Yours has pointy looking mittens.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 30.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 7 7.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new