gotwins86's IM Fusion 30L

gotwins86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We just moved into out new house a few weeks ago and I have finally gotten time to set up my new tank. IM Fusion 30L, was going to go with the 20 but last second decided to get the 30L. Glad I did, the 3 ft length is awesome.

I had a 75 gallon running for a couple years and it was doing ok, I kept up with basic maintenance, but that's about it. It was also in the basement, where we never really hung out. But now I have this tank in our main living room. I am excited to be able to view it more often. I think that will help me keep up the maintenance. And this thread, have never done a journal before, but am excited to post update and see how things come along.

Specs
Tank: Innovative Marine Fusion 30L
Stand: Got off wayfair
Lights: 2 x Reefbreeders Nano-Light Plus (CoralBox)
Wave: Coral Box QP-5
Pump: Stock for now. Will probably upgrade
Rock: About 20lbs dry
Sand: 30 lbs Fiji Pink
Skimmer: None, for now, will look into options more
Filtration: 1 Sock, 1 Media Basket
Heater: 1x 100W, 1x50w

Still up in the air in stocking. Any suggestions? Fish i like;
Most wrasse's, will any do well in this sized tank?
Dwarf Angels, Will a pygmy fit?
Midas Blenny
Tail Spot Blenny
Will probably skip clowns with this tank, not sure yet

Plan is mixed reef, Mainly LPS and Zoas

The stand. Said online it supports 250lbs. Got it and put it together, defiantly cant support 250, look it the manual and it says 50 lbs. So I had to reinforce it. Solid as a rock now.

Just filed

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the stand. What did you do to reinforce it? Also love this tank. Excited to see where it goes.

OP
OP
gotwins86

gotwins86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. To reinforce the stand I use a bunch of 1x4s. Putting them inside the stand. Kind of built a whole new frame.

OP
OP
gotwins86

gotwins86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Water is cleared up. Now I wait... Any way to take the back round glare out of a pic?

OP
OP
gotwins86

gotwins86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any suggestions for a skimmer? The IM ghost seems to have mixed reviews. Quiet would be the most important factor, followed by staying hidden in the back compartment. Don't really want it sticking out the top top much.

Also used dr tim's. Seems to have worked. Dosed ammonia to 2 ppm. Took it to 0 in a day. Dosed to 2 ppm again. Back to zero the next day. Going to give it a little more time, but hope to add fish in a week or 2.

OP
OP
gotwins86

gotwins86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep changing my mind of fish stocking. Here is what I am thinking now.

McCoskers Wrasse
Yellow Assessor
TailSpot Blenny

Thinking maybe 1 more fish. Any suggestions? Firefish maybe? Might also swap out the tailspot for a dwarf angel like a coral beauty.

Would a pink-streaked wrasse and a mccoskers get along?

Vincent cimmino

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have same tank, with innovative marine protein skimmer and media reactor, it works great ,2 ai prime hd lights on it. Packed with coral and goby /pistol pair, a pair of clowns, firefish, yellow head jaw fish.
51235c083d1ebbe97ad227e16ed2cd58.jpg

OP
OP
gotwins86

gotwins86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick update. Got some coral. Torch, hammer, duncan, acans, zoas. All doing great.

Also my plan for stocking is.
McCosters or Pink-Strraked or Social Wrasse
1 Clown
Neon Goby
Firefish
Yellow Assesor

20170725_181815.jpg

offthehook

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are you liking the reef breeders nano light and QP-5? I have read ipthe light is hard to set up.
I like the old jeabo pumps but they never lasted long. Wonder how these will fare...

OP
OP
gotwins86

gotwins86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are you liking the reef breeders nano light and QP-5? I have read ipthe light is hard to set up.
I like the old jeabo pumps but they never lasted long. Wonder how these will fare...

Love the lights. Programming them wasnt that bad. I tried once to link them together throught my router and couldnt. Haven't tried it again, but I just change settings on one light, switch to the other an apply the new setting, pretty easy. Love the spectrum control and 2 seems to work well for my tank good coverage. Planing mostly lps and zoas so the should be enough. For the price they are great. Very similar to an AI Prime, a little less control(mainly acclimation setting), but less $.

The QP-5 pump was good, but I ended up swapping it out. It had a loud whining noise I couldn't get rid of. Tried a new impeller and still loud. Didn't work with the tank only 5 ft away from my couch.

Changed to Current USA eFlux Wave Pumps 1 x 1050gph and 1 x 660gph. Should have probably went with 2 x 1050, but I am very happy with em. Can always get another 1050, the hub allows for 3 pumps being connected. Very quite and awesome control.

OP
OP
gotwins86

gotwins86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put in a few orders this weekend. I have some more coral coming in(acans, zoas, candy cane), a yellow assesor and an exquisite firefish.

OP
OP
gotwins86

gotwins86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my fish in earlier this week and corals today. Will post pics later today when the corals open up more.

Question tho, my yellow assessor just hangs out in a cave upside down. Every once in a while swims through the rocks, but still always upside down. Is this normal?

OP
OP
gotwins86

gotwins86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick update, fighting with some cyano right now. Just installed a tunze 9004 skimmer. Just so fit in the first return chamber. Been up 2 days and already pulling some nasty stuff. Also got a pair of clowns. Black and white snowflake, and a frostbite.

20170826_153759.jpg
20170826_153812.jpg
20170826_153820.jpg

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 14 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 31 17.7%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 117 66.9%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.4%
Back