Grammica Lined Dartfish (Ace)

40B Knasty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never read a thread on them and I feel like it is time to give credit where credit it is due. I named him Ace, because he was always my Ace in the hole, literally. A gem of a fish that hid a lot. Don't get me wrong I do have some great fish that I enjoy like a green mandarin, dwarf flame angle, Carberryi Anthias, and a yellow & purple wrasse, but it still amazes me evertime he comes out to be seen. Such a beautiful fish. Ever since I put my anthias in a week ago. He comes out about 20-30 times a day now and this makes me very happy to see him finally at ease and happy. Before it was 2 times only for feeding. Now he hovers in one spot and wiggles his bottom fins like he is dancing. My tanks have been through it all in such a short period of time and Ace has never been affected by anything. Between 2 tank transfers and all sorts of algae outbreaks, cyanobacteria, and parasites. This guy stood tall!
They are a little pricey of a fish. At least when I got him, but well worth it. Such a great tankmate to all my fish. I feel as though he is the overseer of the tank.
They just need a hole to have their alone time in with an entrance and exit out the back. Ace eats like a pig! Whether it is frozen mysis, brine, blood worms, squid, mega marine for angel fish, or even if it is chopped up fresh scallops, live black worms, Tigger pods, or live baby brine shrimp floating around. He eats it all.
The colors on this fish are unbelievable sometimes to me. Hope you enjoy my GLD spotlight:)

GoldeneyeRet

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful fish. I almost bought one a few months ago when there were suddenly quite a few around. Next time I see one, I'm not passing!

ChiCity

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have never read a thread on them and I feel like it is time to give credit where credit it is due. I named him Ace, because he was always my Ace in the hole, literally. A gem of a fish that hid a lot. Don't get me wrong I do have some great fish that I enjoy like a green mandarin, dwarf flame angle, Carberryi Anthias, and a yellow & purple wrasse, but it still amazes me evertime he comes out to be seen. Such a beautiful fish. Ever since I put my anthias in a week ago. He comes out about 20-30 times a day now and this makes me very happy to see him finally at ease and happy. Before it was 2 times only for feeding. Now he hovers in one spot and wiggles his bottom fins like he is dancing. My tanks have been through it all in such a short period of time and Ace has never been affected by anything. Between 2 tank transfers and all sorts of algae outbreaks, cyanobacteria, and parasites. This guy stood tall!
They are a little pricey of a fish. At least when I got him, but well worth it. Such a great tankmate to all my fish. I feel as though he is the overseer of the tank.
They just need a hole to have their alone time in with an entrance and exit out the back. Ace eats like a pig! Whether it is frozen mysis, brine, blood worms, squid, mega marine for angel fish, or even if it is chopped up fresh scallops, live black worms, Tigger pods, or live baby brine shrimp floating around. He eats it all.
The colors on this fish are unbelievable sometimes to me. Hope you enjoy my GLD spotlight:)

holy rhotic!

:D

Last edited:

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 42 32.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 34 26.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 27 20.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 26 20.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back