gray tar mark on clownfish jaw

nolifer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
don't want to jump the gun with this but my clownfish which I've had for over a year and a half is starting to show some weird marks on her body and there is a tar like mark on her jaw I noticed this about week and a half ago, She eats swims bullies well. I've noticed what she is hosting my indo gold torch and this thing is super sticky so sticky I can not add it next to any other torch because it stings them or any other coral for that matter. I've noticed that it was sticking to her body which could explain the marks on her body, It don't however explain the gray tar mark on her jaw line. she is a extreme midnight snowflake so I'm not sure what to look for in terms of illness as her color is white. she had white stringy poo when I got her over a year and half ago which I used metronidazole in a table as I could not get general cure in my country tbh it's hard to get drugs without prescription in the uk which sucks any ways getting off track here. but long story short I cured this problem. when i googled online it was pointing towards brooklynella but I'm not sure this is my problem. I really don't want to pull her out and bang her in meds unless I really have to the stress it puts on them knocks it back from when i last qt her. I would like to know if others have had this kind of problem or if it's the stings from torch making this problem... thoughts please?

Dierks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any Help from Clownfish Owners? Sorry I can't be much help but I can be a bump to maybe get some help...

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
don't want to jump the gun with this but my clownfish which I've had for over a year and a half is starting to show some weird marks on her body and there is a tar like mark on her jaw I noticed this about week and a half ago, She eats swims bullies well. I've noticed what she is hosting my indo gold torch and this thing is super sticky so sticky I can not add it next to any other torch because it stings them or any other coral for that matter. I've noticed that it was sticking to her body which could explain the marks on her body, It don't however explain the gray tar mark on her jaw line. she is a extreme midnight snowflake so I'm not sure what to look for in terms of illness as her color is white. she had white stringy poo when I got her over a year and half ago which I used metronidazole in a table as I could not get general cure in my country tbh it's hard to get drugs without prescription in the uk which sucks any ways getting off track here. but long story short I cured this problem. when i googled online it was pointing towards brooklynella but I'm not sure this is my problem. I really don't want to pull her out and bang her in meds unless I really have to the stress it puts on them knocks it back from when i last qt her. I would like to know if others have had this kind of problem or if it's the stings from torch making this problem... thoughts please?

Picture please.

OP
OP
nolifer

nolifer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
side of the jaw is the gray tar mark, side of the body is the other mark, which could be from the torch. best pictures i could get using a samsung s10+ crap for pictures don't get one

clown.jpg clown 2.jpg clown 3.jpg clown 4.jpg

OP
OP
nolifer

nolifer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bump, still looking for help. marks are turning brown in color now also getting bigger.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 26.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 40 32.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back