Great encrusting growth...

SteveVT_MSE

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 29, 2016
Messages
33
Reaction score
13
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
but the vertical skeleton has died??

So I'm kind of confused. I've searched but couldn't find any similar topics. I have several acro frags that were doing real well encrusting and coloring up for months. Then recently one or two a month just started to go downhill but not all at the same time. The tissue on the vertical skeleton of the frags went through RTN; fine one night - bare skeleton the next morning. Ones that hadn't encrusted yet are gone but those that did their encrusted bases are still colored, have polyp extension and are seemingly doing well. I've been keeping a close eye on alk but it doesn't swing much more than 0.5 dKH over a days period and stays relatively stable. Any advice or insight would be greatly appreciated.

temp: 80F
Sal: 1.025
pH: 8.1-8.3
Ca: 450-460 ppm
Alk: 8.7-9.3 dKH
Mag: 1350 ppm
Nitrates: 10 ppm
Nitrites: 0 ppm
Amm: 0 ppm
Phos: <.03 ppm (haven't tested in a week or so, though)

Thanks in advance,
-Steve
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new