Great white cleaner inside magnet- cracked case safe?

BradR

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 5, 2009
Messages
48
Reaction score
23
Location
Michigan
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BEB36C2E-D63E-4BD5-A957-DDF080942B60.jpeg
Have an algae free great white cleaner magnet that’s 5-10 years old.
Noticed the covering encasing the inside magnet has a good sized crack and the metal inside appears rusted. The magnet works well. Kudos to algae free!
Any idea if the metals are toxic to sps/lps coral?

Triton testing done a year ago just showed the usual elevated tin iirc. I run polyfilters intermittently.
Should I clean and dry it out then try to seal in the metal with epoxy or do I need to buy another one?
Thanks
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new