Great white sps reef

  • Thread starter Thread starter 27ppatel
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
That's got to be the prettiest plumbing job I've ever seen! LOL Awesome!!
 
That white background :thumb:

I had a white background in my planted tank a couple years ago and it looked real nice!

Following this tank.
 
I wonder if it would have been better to run the drains separately to the sump? More like a herbie style drain.
Was there a reason you didn't want to do it that way ?

Tank looks great by the way. Love when people put a ton of attention to deal!
 
I wonder if it would have been better to run the drains separately to the sump? More like a herbie style drain.
Was there a reason you didn't want to do it that way ?

Tank looks great by the way. Love when people put a ton of attention to deal!

The herbie method is a complete fail save system. However the way I wanted this to be setup the herbie method wouldn't work. I would of have to put a internal or external overflow to have a 3 - 1.5" drain setup. It's something different so right now with water running it's great! no issues at all. The low profile strainers block all the junk from the water and the best part is, it's a thread fitting so I can remove it and clean it out anytime.
 
That white background :thumb:

I had a white background in my planted tank a couple years ago and it looked real nice!

Following this tank.

It's amazing how much light reflection you get. I know sometimes it will be more cleaning maintenance required but the whole point of all white is so there is maximum light reflection for SPS corals in all angels.
 
Update with corals

Hey followers of the Great White SPS Reef. Here is a new update with some corals to start off with. As the population builds with different array of corals it'll start looking better and better. I have also bought a AI Hydra Fifty Two and made a custom Aluminum T-Slot rail for it mounted on the back wall. The rail is also adjustable for height above water level with loosely unscrewing 2 bolts.

I also have a new camera which will be coming in the next few weeks for betters shots of coral coloration.
 

Attachments

  • photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 228
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 211
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 233
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 184
  • photo 5.jpg
    photo 5.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 209

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new