Green Brittle Star

  • Thread starter Thread starter b9ofus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

b9ofus

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 29, 2009
Messages
24
Reaction score
0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody interested in a green brittle star?
1375144575093.jpg
 
Looks more like a serpent star to me. I only point that out because unlike brittles they are widely known to hunt your fish.


-Joey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
 
Does serpent stars hunt fish or brittle

Brittle stars do not hunt fish. They will eat fish if you feed them fish, but they don't hunt them. I have heard of serpent stars hunting fish by raising their disc and waiting for a fish to go under, the dropping on them, and then, dinner.


-Joey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
 
Great post the info above is true I have kept different types of star fish. I have 3 types as of know chocolate chip star a serpent star and a bali sea star.
uploadfromtaptalk1375190072074.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1375190101030.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1375190229751.jpg

Bad pic he doesn't come out of the skimmer side.
A fool knows you can't touch the stars, but a wise man still reaches.
 
Looks more like a serpent star to me. I only point that out because unlike brittles they are widely known to hunt your fish.


-Joey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

He's a serpent

A fool knows you can't touch the stars, but a wise man still reaches.
 
The photo is of a Green Brittle Star (Ophiarachna incrassate). The title serpent is misused.
 
I have the same starfish and he eat 100 bucks worth of fish in my display tank that's why he is in my sump.

A fool knows you can't touch the stars, but a wise man still reaches.
 
I have the same starfish and he eat 100 bucks worth of fish in my display tank that's why he is in my sump.

A fool knows you can't touch the stars, but a wise man still reaches.
What kind of fish is he eating, mine is fine and he is about a foot in diameter... do you not feed him?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new