Green Digi? Help ID’ing

RockyTopReefing

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 18, 2026
Messages
9
Reaction score
5
Location
East TN
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I got this a few days ago as a green slimer frag for free but it definitely not a slimer. It’s super brittle, not very bumpy and has tons of polyps. Would love some help ID’ing!
20260727_200743_87D39845-D9C7-4A05-9BCF-216FAF986228.png


20260727_200743_6DDB8BB8-CFCA-4C36-9AAF-B1D816FF2090.png
 
Green Psammocora?
That’s definitely it. Any idea if it’s a fair replacement for a green slimer in terms of difficulty? The goal is to eventually keep a harder acropora.
 
Green Psammocora?
That’s definitely it. Any idea if it’s a fair replacement for a green slimer in terms of difficulty? The goal is to eventually keep a harder acropora.
I haven’t had any experience with branching psammocora personally. I have a blue variety that’s more of an encruster and it seems hardy and has a nice unique texture. I would say my green slimer is faster growing. You might check out some birdsnest and stylophora for fast growing beginner/budget friendly sps as well.
 
Green Psammocora?
That’s definitely it. Any idea if it’s a fair replacement for a green slimer in terms of difficulty? The goal is to eventually keep a harder acropora.
I haven’t had any experience with branching psammocora personally. I have a blue variety that’s more of an encruster and it seems hardy and has a nice unique texture. I would say my green slimer is faster growing. You might check out some birdsnest and stylophora for fast growing beginner/budget friendly sps as well.
Stylo is on my list! I do want a slimer since it’s an acro, I’ve started to really love the variety of acro’s that exist
 
+1 on Psammocora, specifically Psammocora contigua
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 6 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new