green "red planet"

  • Thread starter Thread starter Wiz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

red planet turns green when lighting is insufficient

  • yes

    Votes: 24 70.6%
  • no

    Votes: 5 14.7%
  • yes, as well as other facters

    Votes: 5 14.7%

  • Total voters
    34
It's definitely a low light verse high light situation for creating more red or green.

I had my radions at 45% and 12k for about 8hrs a day and it was full bright red. Now, I'm using a schedule I found online which has more blue and I'm at 65%. Half red and half green.
 
Here's mine.. Just a quick iPhone pic I use for growth comparisons. But you can see I put this new frag lower and it's taken on a more deeper color and the green on the bottom side where it gets almost no light at all.
image.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new