Green star polyps growing during reef tank cycle

  • Thread starter Thread starter Oerussc
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Oerussc

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 20, 2017
Messages
28
Reaction score
37
Location
Springfield
What state or country do you live in
Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! GSP as we know is a hardy coral but this rock is totally covered and growing in .25 ammonia and 1.0 nitrites. Notice the white tips on the right side of the coral. This is a new 100 gallon build and all parameters are in check but the tank is 13 days into the cycle. This is roughly a 2.5 pound rock and was introduced to the tank under the same lighting schedule as the frag tank it came from.

image.jpg
 
Last edited:
can't complain about that,good indicator
 
I have to kill and give the stuff away. This rock was in my frag tank with all my stock corals for the new build and I had to get it out. Grows like a weed but I am shocked that it thrives in such poor water quality parameters.
 
lol weed coral for sure
 
I want my Walt Disney to grow like a weed!

image.jpg
 
Last edited:
sorry cannot view,have a pic?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new