Green star polyps not opening

  • Thread starter Thread starter Guss
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Guss

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 23, 2020
Messages
162
Reaction score
50
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all I got a green star polyp but hasn't opened it's been 5 hr or so. Not sure if position is correct. Dose it have to be directly hit by wave makers. I'll post a pic of were the gsp is and my wave maker tell me if I need to make changes plz. Ty
The gap is in the back on three glass my Wave maker is in the front bottom left.since it's a small tank I figure it should get enough flow or am I mistaken
20200910_213010.jpg
 
Agreed. They are very hardy. They do like a higher flow but I am sure just given more time, they should open up.
 
Just give it time, my urchin ripped a chunk off and dropped it near my engineer goby's cave a month ago, he just shuttled it out today and it's still alive.
 
GSP is like that. Nothing changes and then it just closes up. Next day perfectly fine.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new