Green Water - Phytofeast Live Option

Huskymaniac

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 31, 2017
Messages
1,587
Reaction score
818
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone ever used phytofeast live to keep water tinted for fry?
 
No - but I understand it can work well for that (first time I saw it today and picked up some for my tank).

I mean it's live phyto and super concentrated.
 
use it sparingly, any type of dead micro algae will cause ammonia/ ph spikes and pollute your small environment for your fry, I have experimented a lot with tinting my fry tanks with live and dead micro algae but in the end it causes too much of headache trying to keep the water quality in check, I normally use a 10 gallon for each hatching and do a 2 gallon water change a day until day 14, then go every other day until day 21, then transfer them into larger holding tanks.. hope this helps
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new