Greetings from California

JC1977

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everybody new to the forum and wanted to introduce myself. I’ve been in the hobby for about 5 years. I’ve had several smaller reef tanks before starting a 180 gallon reef. It was fun keeping corals but I missed my big non reef safe fish so I sold my coral and turned the 180 gallon into a FOWLR and haven’t looked back. I’m currently in the process of starting up a 360 gallon FOWLR which I would like to start a build thread for once I’m more familiar navigating this site. We are also in the in the process of starting an innovative marine 75 int for my wife which she’s hoping to be an anemone tank with clownfish so we’ve got a lot going on lol. Anyhow I’ve read posts from here for years but never been a member so really excited to be on board finally! Looking forward to meeting people with the same passion for fish that I do!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everybody new to the forum and wanted to introduce myself. I’ve been in the hobby for about 5 years. I’ve had several smaller reef tanks before starting a 180 gallon reef. It was fun keeping corals but I missed my big non reef safe fish so I sold my coral and turned the 180 gallon into a FOWLR and haven’t looked back. I’m currently in the process of starting up a 360 gallon FOWLR which I would like to start a build thread for once I’m more familiar navigating this site. We are also in the in the process of starting an innovative marine 75 int for my wife which she’s hoping to be an anemone tank with clownfish so we’ve got a lot going on lol. Anyhow I’ve read posts from here for years but never been a member so really excited to be on board finally! Looking forward to meeting people with the same passion for fish that I do!

Welcome! Glad you joined. Sounds like you fit right in here.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread under Forum > Member Aquariums and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID). Entirely up to you, but you might consider a thread for each tank to keep yourself organized, though they will only give you one badge. Your wife might want to document her own tank, and I look forward to meeting her someday on this site, too! I love hearing more women are in the hobby - please tell her "Lisa says 'Hi!'"

This might help you find people local to you in Visalia:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

OP
OP
JC1977

JC1977

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! Glad you joined. Sounds like you fit right in here.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread under Forum > Member Aquariums and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID). Entirely up to you, but you might consider a thread for each tank to keep yourself organized, though they will only give you one badge. Your wife might want to document her own tank, and I look forward to meeting her someday on this site, too! I love hearing more women are in the hobby - please tell her "Lisa says 'Hi!'"

This might help you find people local to you in Visalia:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:
Sounds awesome thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 92 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.4%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back