Grey hard stuff on anemone's foot

WhiskeyCoffee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have this sebae anemone which I unknowingly bought bleached and most likely dying as he never attached or acclimated to my tank. He's only been opening up at night and now today I flipped him over as it looked like he was turning inside out and I saw this on his foot. What does it look like?

RM744yN.jpg

SantaMonicaHelp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also think that the foot is ripped, or rather torn from internal lacerations... or maybe the anemone was internally abraded due to the immense amount of bleaching. The anemone looks extremely bleached, which I know you didn't buy the anemone knowing it was bleached. But man is it bleached. However, I think it can still survive.

By the way, I like your avatar/profile picture.

- C. Smith

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like the internal structures such as mesenterial filaments. Based on the anemone type, your description of the current status of the anemone and the image I would say that anemone is on it's way out.

OP
OP
WhiskeyCoffee

WhiskeyCoffee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Removed it from the tank last night because I didn't want it to die in the middle of the night and have me wake up to a crashing tank. Here is what he looked like after I removed him.

0ApUban.jpg

Back