Greyhead wrasse

TamaraC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I want a Greyhead wrasse. I haven’t found the information I need to pull the trigger though. I have a 90g 4ft display with 3 inch sandbed. Tank is 9 months old. Current inhabitants are two clowns, a one spot foxface, a target mandarin, a Midas blenny, and a starry blenny. All very peaceful. I was looking at an adorned wrasse when I found the Greyhead. The tank has a huge stomatella population. I remember I was so excited when I saw the first stomatella a few months ago. Now they are out of control. I don’t want the population decimated but I feel like too much CUC is a bad thing at some point. I have two tuxedo urchins keeping the coralline at bay, various other snails, a few crabs, a derasa, and two fire shrimp. Various nems and a handful of corals. Any concerns with a Greyhead outside of picking off some members of the CUC? Any suggestions on an alternative? I plan on getting a redhead solon fairy wrasse and a whitetail bristletooth (last) too.

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I want a Greyhead wrasse. I haven’t found the information I need to pull the trigger though. I have a 90g 4ft display with 3 inch sandbed. Tank is 9 months old. Current inhabitants are two clowns, a one spot foxface, a target mandarin, a Midas blenny, and a starry blenny. All very peaceful. I was looking at an adorned wrasse when I found the Greyhead. The tank has a huge stomatella population. I remember I was so excited when I saw the first stomatella a few months ago. Now they are out of control. I don’t want the population decimated but I feel like too much CUC is a bad thing at some point. I have two tuxedo urchins keeping the coralline at bay, various other snails, a few crabs, a derasa, and two fire shrimp. Various nems and a handful of corals. Any concerns with a Greyhead outside of picking off some members of the CUC? Any suggestions on an alternative? I plan on getting a redhead solon fairy wrasse and a whitetail bristletooth (last) too.
It is a good sized halichoeres. Should be peaceful and leave CUC alone though it may go after your smaller CUC if you have some. If you want more in depth care guides look up melanarus wrasse. They are very closely related fish.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 103 80.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.7%
Back