groupers vs, hamlets

monkeyCmonkeyDo

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 4, 2019
Messages
8,288
Reaction score
7,658
Location
Puyallup, Wa USA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made the mistake once and bought a minatius grouper. Yes, I tried to add it to my 120g reef tank at the time. Anyone ever kept a hamlet and grouper before tell me the difference? Is the hamlet a little more docile or not as aggressive?
thanks all!
-d
 
I made the mistake once and bought a minatius grouper. Yes, I tried to add it to my 120g reef tank at the time. Anyone ever kept a hamlet and grouper before tell me the difference? Is the hamlet a little more docile or not as aggressive?
thanks all!
-d

Both are considered aggressive. I know a few cases of people who managed to keep indigo hamlets in a reef tank but they are opportunistic and you have to be ready with a backup. Hamlets tend to be smaller than groupers but the behavior is somewhat similar.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new