Grow out tank/frag tank setup question

  • Thread starter Thread starter StikHedRon
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

StikHedRon

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 17, 2012
Messages
931
Reaction score
171
Location
Central Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm wanting to setup a 40 breeder asa grow out tank for sps only. This tank will have its own sump and be bare bottom with nothing in it but some acrylic racks. I may put one fish in there. Do I need to add rock to my sump or can it be successful without any biological filtration?
 
without biological filtration theres nothing to turn ammonia to nitrite and nitrite to nitrates and corals do produce ammonia just like fish, so if it was mine id have a refugium in that sump with plenty of live rock and macroalgae.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new