growing rotifiers

NH Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know there is a lot of info out there but I'm trying to ease some confusion for myself. I want to start some rotifiers. don't want to go with the green water right now. I know there is a culturing kit available that looks like what I want. Trying to make this as simple for me as possible. can you list things I need to get started so I can place and order? I'm thinking the Kit, RG complete, TDO . Also don't want to go the brine shrimp right now either will TDO eliminate that? Is there a complete step by step instructions that you could link me to. Just want to order everything I will need. I will only have a max 8 pair clowns. Only have 3 right now.
Thanks for your time.
Dave

Mr Cob

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Dave, lots of info on this forum already to address your questions. I would suggest reading the breeding build threads in their entirety in order to see what would work best for you as compared to what other breeders have done.

With that said... in short; I would advise rotigrow plus from Reed and skip brine and use golden pearl eggs or Otohime for next foods. This is what I do.

The reason a lot of people choose RGComplete is because it has the Chloram stuff in it. But, it's not enriched whereas Rotigrow plus is enriched. Personally, I'd rather dose an amonia reducer product once a week versus enriching food before every single feeding.

Anyways, that's what works for me. And by the way "only have a max 8 pair clowns", funny you said "only". 8 spawning pairs will yield thousands of fry monthly and chances are you would no be able to keep up unless you are going commercial with your breeding efforts.

I have two pairs spawning like clock work right now and I'm about to get to the point where I will have to start skipping some nest pulls. It's crazy how fast the chores can build up.

Hope some of this info works for you.. all my best to you.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 172 72.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 42 17.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.1%
Back