"Growth" on Live Rock

  • Thread starter Thread starter JusMeJim
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

JusMeJim

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 1, 2025
Messages
59
Reaction score
24
Location
Arkansas
What state or country do you live in
Arkansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope this is the right place to post this. This is on some new live rock that I received last Tuesday (8 days ago). I didn't think much about it until I looked closer tonight and noticed the "texture" of it. The rock that it's on is about 7 inches. The "growth" is about 1" and is about 1/2" to 3/4" tall.

b800a7e3-9ee1-45d4-b9de-2ace238ee808.jpg f0cc9a94-280f-4cda-a06f-9fe03a3a6b33.jpg
 
Looks like some sponge.
This came in on live rock from Gulf Live Rock. Their rock isn't fully submerged, but just wrapped in soaked paper towels, so wasn't sure if a sponge would of survived being out of water??
 
Yes, it will live a long time out of water.
 
This came in on live rock from Gulf Live Rock. Their rock isn't fully submerged, but just wrapped in soaked paper towels, so wasn't sure if a sponge would of survived being out of water??
Some will some wont. Looks like that one did! Congrats.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new