Growth rate question

MusiclyDeclined

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 23, 2026
Messages
72
Reaction score
83
Location
Marysville Ohio area
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So under a year ago i fragged my frogspawn colony into a bunch of pieces for the first time. I was curious of approximately how long it would take to grow from a small thumbnail sized single head back to a colony. I've attached a video showing when it was small to today under a year later. Is this a good growth rate, Slow or about normal?
 
I had a frogspawn once for 4 years before I sold it, it started as one single polyp and in 4 years was the size of a basketball, and it had long wicked stingers too, it killed a lot of corals.
 
I had a frogspawn once for 4 years before I sold it, it started as one single polyp and in 4 years was the size of a basketball, and it had long wicked stingers too, it killed a lot of corals.
Yea most Euphyllia need their space lol
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new