growth rate question

coralbeauties

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
May 6, 2014
Messages
1,221
Reaction score
942
Location
Yellow Springs ohio
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Ok I am curious when a coral is considered a fast grower how much growth should a hobbyist see in say a month? Also what does anyone else think about snipping off a tip of a frag that seems to be in limbo to get it started growing? I thought that I had read that being done to get a coral going. I have a piece of raspberry lemonade that has encrusted just alittle bit but just hasnt done much of anything in the 6 months or so that I have had it. I also have a slimmer that it encrusting pretty good but hasnt started to branch out from the original piece. On the other had I have a pearlberry that has grown maybe 1/2 inch or so in the last 2 months or so.
thanks
Jeff
 
Bump
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new