Growths On mushroom.

Surfking61

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this mushroom that has these bubbles growing on it's underside. They are fleshy looking and are definitely attached to it. Can someone I'd this for me?
ATT_1453219534979_image:15578.jpg
ATT_1453219534979_image:15578.jpg

KJ

Lone Wolf
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From this picture it looks like you have Bubble corals growing next to mushroom.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Surfking61

Surfking61

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took it out and it's not bubble coral. They are clear, some are longer with a bulb at the end while others are more rounder. They are on the foot and underside of the mushroom. Here are some other pictures of it. Some of them actually move back and forth in the flow.

KIMG0092.jpg

KIMG0094.jpg

KIMG0093.jpg

OP
OP
Surfking61

Surfking61

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One thing I forgot to add is that sometimes they inflate and causes the Mushroom to lift up and then they become
exposed. This happens mostly at night. During the day the Mushroom seems to lay flat and you really can't see them.
It is definitely weird. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
One thing I forgot to add is that sometimes they inflate and causes the Mushroom to lift up and then they become
exposed. This happens mostly at night. During the day the Mushroom seems to lay flat and you really can't see them.
It is definitely weird. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Looks to be the mushroom is detaching or attaching itself to the rock its on, ill post a pick tomorro when mylights are on just to give you an idea of the shroom i juss fragged attaching itself

OP
OP
Surfking61

Surfking61

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks to be the mushroom is detaching or attaching itself to the rock its on, ill post a pick tomorro when mylights are on just to give you an idea of the shroom i juss fragged attaching itself
Cool, thanks. Yay, the rock it's on is the rock it came on when I bought it. I looked this morning just when the lights came on and you can see them but they are small and not inflated looking.

OP
OP
Surfking61

Surfking61

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool, thanks. Yay, the rock it's on is the rock it came on when I bought it. I looked this morning just when the lights came on and you can see them but they are small and not inflated looking.

OP
OP
Surfking61

Surfking61

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It must have attached itself to the foot of the mushroom. Now that's weird. Not sure how to get them separated without killing one of them. Thanks

wish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think you should leave it alone and let it do it's own thing. I personally think its leaving off spring or splitting.

OP
OP
Surfking61

Surfking61

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well what ever it is it does not seem to affect the way it opens and closes. When they get inflated though it folds up like a tulip. They also seem to be clearer in appearance, you can almost see through them.

wish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you leave it alone they might morph into something new! Especially when they don't seem to bother each other if it's two
different kinds of mushroom.

OP
OP
Surfking61

Surfking61

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to be setting up a shallow reef next week and that will be right where I can study it to see what it does.

AcroNem

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's definitely the foot of the mushroom. It's either detaching because it doesn't like where you have it, or it's inflating its foot to try and grab onto another rock. I'd say it looks more like the former.

OP
OP
Surfking61

Surfking61

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's definitely the foot of the mushroom. It's either detaching because it doesn't like where you have it, or it's inflating its foot to try and grab onto another rock. I'd say it looks more like the former.
THANKS, going to just let it do it's thing.

Back