GSP vs GHA

HumuhumuFan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been battling Green Hair Algae for a while and it’s starting to grow over my GSP. The GSP is starting to look stressed. I tried to do some manual removal but it was pulling the GSP off the rock too.

Will GSP tolerate 2% hydrogen peroxide? It obliterates GHA but I learned the hardway you can go overboard. I melted a zooanthid frag a few weeks ago by leaving the rock it was on exposed to a bath for too long. This time I’d be injecting spots in the display tank. I read 1 mL per 10 gallons is safe in general but wanted to ask about GSP in specific.

jeffchapok

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. My GSP is limited to a rock which I removed and dipped in a 50/50 mix of tank water and 3% H202 for about 2 minutes and the GSP survived just fine.

OP
OP
HumuhumuFan

HumuhumuFan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. My GSP is limited to a rock which I removed and dipped in a 50/50 mix of tank water and 3% H202 for about 2 minutes and the GSP survived just fine.

Thanks, I’ll try direct injecting 3% into the display tank. I hear 1 ml/ 10 gallons is safe.

OP
OP
HumuhumuFan

HumuhumuFan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up dipping the whole rock. The GSP buttoned up very tight, but about a day and half later it started to open back up and now looks totally fine.

Twodogsnnc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up dipping the whole rock. The GSP buttoned up very tight, but about a day and half later it started to open back up and now looks totally fine.
How long did you dip for? What concentration? Thanks.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 42.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 22.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 32 33.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back