GSP

RedhawkReefer93

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to grow a garden of GSP on the bottom of a Nano tank. My parameters are good but my GSP frags are not opening up. Other corals seem to be fine though. Any suggestions?

Pongo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to grow a garden of GSP on the bottom of a Nano tank. My parameters are good but my GSP frags are not opening up. Other corals seem to be fine though. Any suggestions?

Welcome to REEF2REEF!
This is a great community of friendly reefers that are always willing to help.

How long have the frags been in the tank?
Can you list your parameters and what is your lighting?
Can you post a pic?

The more info the better so the smart people, #reefsquad, will come by and help :).

Palyzoa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gsp can be finicky sometimes Ive noticed in my experience. Ive had colonies close up for almost a week before opening up again. It could also be getting to much flow or to much light, you could try moving to a calmer spot of the tank.

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Try putting them in a higher flow area and see if they come out.

Matthew Dambra

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have glued a frag of GSP to my overflow and it is in almost direct flow of my MP40 and spreading like wildfire, my parameters are very stable and growing a lot of SPS.
So if you think its not your parameters i would try adding some more flow to them and see if that helps

Mikedawg

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just had a nice mat full of GSP collapse myself; think patience is the key because this stuff is worse than kudzu once it is established and will probably come back with a vengeance!

Good luck

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 77.5%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

• I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Back