Gucci's 120 Build

WRXgucci

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys. This may be my first thread on r2r but I have been around the for sale section for a couple years. I've learned a lot over the course of a couple years going through a couple "stepping tanks." I started in a 40 tall that was a freshwater tank, which was a nightmare trying to keep the aquascape to look halfway decent with such a narrow tank. Then I switched to a 40 br which has perfect dimensions, but got small quick as I couldn't stop buying coral. So I up sized to a 55 with the same footprint as a 40 br, which was perfect for me but then I just purchased my house over the winter. Soo I've moved all my coral and fish into a stock tank while I build my little man cave. And that's where I'm at now.

These are my desk and tank stand:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362449820.145923.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362449832.405443.jpg

Sump on the new couch:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362449844.066961.jpg

revsgirl

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking forward to it!!

Chasing the Dream Giver, not the dream! Tonya

reefed419

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good, keep the pics coming. What kind of reef is this going to be? What equipment will be running it? Look forward to seeing this build progress.

larangcon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's going to be a cool mancave, you're also very handy, love the desk close to your tank, perfecto.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Can't wait to see it go!

OP
OP
W

WRXgucci

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking forward to it!!

Thanks! And what does that saying actually mean lol

Looks good, keep the pics coming. What kind of reef is this going to be? What equipment will be running it? Look forward to seeing this build progress.

Off the top of my head here:

Mixed reef mainly zoas/ lps/ my carpet/ and gonna start some sps eventually

Octopus xp2000 skimmer
2-3x mp10esw
Ati 8 bulb power module
Debating on the return pump size, somewhere between 1000-1500 GPH split to two returns

That's going to be a cool mancave, you're also very handy, love the desk close to your tank, perfecto.

Yea it will be perfect hopefully! It's my first house so I can actually make it how I want for once. I have tile coming in on Friday which hopefully can get done over the weekend. Then I can skin stand and desk.

Can't wait to see it go!

Me too! Except I gotta do all the work

stlcard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice. planning a standard 120 tank (48x24)? got all your goodies picked out already? Lighting, Flow, Skim?

Theres another awesome and completed 120 build thread on the "other" fish chatter place. ;) even though reef2reef is the best, this it is still a very good read if your undecided on a few things. search "dreamreef"

Keep the updates going. The worst part of build threads, is that 80% of them die off mid build...

revsgirl

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chasing the Dream Giver and not the dream means I am chasing after God and not just what He can give me..

OP
OP
W

WRXgucci

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The room is finished painting except for the ceiling. getting a tile saw right now to finish the border up of the tile. gonna start skinning the stand/couch/desk tomorrow!!

nice. planning a standard 120 tank (48x24)? got all your goodies picked out already? Lighting, Flow, Skim?

Theres another awesome and completed 120 build thread on the "other" fish chatter place. ;) even though reef2reef is the best, this it is still a very good read if your undecided on a few things. search "dreamreef"

Keep the updates going. The worst part of build threads, is that 80% of them die off mid build...

haha, i have everything alreadyy. and i try to stay away from other forums unless im looking to buy something used for the cheapest i can find it, but hopefully i wont forget to take pictures as i go along.

Chasing the Dream Giver and not the dream means I am chasing after God and not just what He can give me.. 

Chasing the Dream Giver, not the dream!  Tonya

haha gotcha

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back