L

lanaandjim

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1375570157.782006.jpg

Here is the coral I have added so far. I have a green clown goby ordered.

Squishie89

Glub Glub
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love that you have the dimmer and lights wired to the knobs and switches, that is SO neat. Very cool tank.

jmann124

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This has put the thought of turning my old Ampeg BA15 into a tank. That or my old spartan turntable.

Jen Bixler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had an old Marshall guitar amp that I wasn't using and a bunch of 1/4" acrylic left salvaged from a business moving. So I decided it would be better utilized as a nano saltwater fish tank. I also just wanted to see if I could build it. This is how I built it. First I gutted the amp out. I removed the electronics and cut off just the face plate to reattach. Then I removed the speaker grill. I cut a piece of 1/4" acrylic to fit where the grill went. I used a router to make a hole to display the tank. I painted it black and glued the Marshall logo to it. Next I built a 1.9 gallon tank out of 1/4" acrylic to fit perfectly inside the amp. The lighting is 7 each 3 watt LED's. They are wired to the on/off switch on the front of the amp. The volume knob controls the dimmer. The filtration is a Biocube protein skimmer and an HOB filter for a 10 gallon. It has about 2 pounds of live rock. It took about 4 hours a day for week to build. Now I am trying to decide what to put in while the tank goes through it's cycle.

Thank you to Daniel and Greg for donating the LED's and HOB filter to the project.
Would you be willing to build one for me? How much?

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.1%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.9%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 164 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back