Guppy becomes shroom food via Paly

SeymourDuncan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have been acclimating guppies and mollies to salt for a while and love the work these guys are capable of. A school of mollies will clean up a frag tank in a day! Guppies are just good, just smaller of course...which means they are not used to the ocean current right off the bat. In a larger tank this sometimes leads to a few casualties...which I have gotten used to.

This Last batch I acclimated of 4 guppies went as planned...until the hawkfish decided to investigate like he does...he scared the bejesus out of the largest guppenstein and the fish hopped across the water like you would see when a bass is chasing minnows in the lake.

the final dive of the guppy just had to be perfectly into the grasp of a very long tentacled paly and was stuck there until I manually removed him...well I was too late...he flicked around and got stuck to the power heads a couple times and finally swallowed by my lazy mushroom.

It was pretty funny and sad to watch this go down...out of all the corals that grabbed him I assumed the duncan would have been the only one with a big enough pie hole...the shroom though has turned into a huge sphere and is swallowing him lol.

SO when acclimating guppies and smaller mollies DO IT SLOW...like 1-4 weeks...If you can "Current" acclimate them that would be pristine...get a fish exercise/acclimating tank...maybe a ball valve on a pump and just slowly increase the flow until they seem like guppy athletes with fat heads.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 63 46.3%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 43 31.6%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 20 14.7%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 9 6.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.7%
Back