Gus’s 40 Fusion Reboot

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
More recent 4" x4" n healed ...:cool:
IMG_20230323_011443_586.jpg

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Real question here:

Hey since we're calling in all the attention, what are the needed liquids or meds or whatever's that I should have on hand when ordering in torch's?

I'll be doing an upgrade soon and I want a torch collection. I recently got in a couple things that looked bad upon arrival and I realized I might not be very prepared to deal with tissue recession or other sad torch's or hammers.

Currently have Seachem's iodine dip, brighwell's Lugol's solution, and brighwell's coral aminos. What else should I have on hand and ready when I start getting serious?

Whats the best method of using the Lugol's? I read 40drops/gallon for dipping, is that correct? Is the seachem's product ok or should I toss in favor of the Lugol's?

Thanks in advance for anyone who chimes in!

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Real question here:

Hey since we're calling in all the attention, what are the needed liquids or meds or whatever's that I should have on hand when ordering in torch's?

I'll be doing an upgrade soon and I want a torch collection. I recently got in a couple things that looked bad upon arrival and I realized I might not be very prepared to deal with tissue recession or other sad torch's or hammers.

Currently have Seachem's iodine dip, brighwell's Lugol's solution, and brighwell's coral aminos. What else should I have on hand and ready when I start getting serious?

Whats the best method of using the Lugol's? I read 40drops/gallon for dipping, is that correct? Is the seachem's product ok or should I toss in favor of the Lugol's?

Talk to @Lost in the Sauce

Edit: I find they hate sand... Ask my wrasse..

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
In an effort to contribute…
I’m spying on my RFAs….. not looking too hot for either. The big yellow is struggling much worse now and the little one just looks like one big open mouth
The emerald thinks no one is watching :face-with-tears-of-joy:
7D4D19BA-2B1A-4A2A-9974-83086D383122.png
1E9839A9-E429-4E81-AA30-2C4891CAE7C7.jpeg
I'm laughing at the emerald and crying for the rfas to pull through.

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm laughing at the emerald and crying for the rfas to pull through.
I’m pretty confident the big one will.. right now it just looks like foot irritation but the rest of it looked ok. The little one… well you know :confused:

I havent really seen the emerald since I added it to the tank.. apparently it likes to party while I’m at work lol

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m pretty confident the big one will.. right now it just looks like foot irritation but the rest of it looked ok. The little one… well you know :confused:

I havent really seen the emerald since I added it to the tank.. apparently it likes to party while I’m at work lol
I like to gain the trust of my inverts. So they will be out and about all the time. But with wrasseholes who nip... they only show up at night now.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Real question here:

Ciprofloxacin, chemiclean blue or red, witch hazel, coral revive are all staples in my " oh crap" bucket.

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Further questions @Lost in the Sauce

Cipro - when to use, what do you see on the coral that makes you choose this, I want to make sure I use it right.

Chemiclean - when to use, anytime you see funk? Or after a treatment?

Which hazel - I didn't know this had aquarium uses, when do you choose this?

Coral revive - is this someone you always use at a particular step, or only when things are going downhill?

Thank you. And I'll use your term of "oh crap bucket" this seems appropriate!

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Further questions @Lost in the Sauce

Cipro - when to use, what do you see on the coral that makes you choose this, I want to make sure I use it right.

Chemiclean - when to use, anytime you see funk? Or after a treatment?

Which hazel - I didn't know this had aquarium uses, when do you choose this?

Coral revive - is this someone you always use at a particular step, or only when things are going downhill?

Thank you. And I'll use your term of "oh crap bucket" this seems appropriate!
Maggie, weird inflation/deflation cycles, receding tissue, flat tentacles are all signs of something wrong, in the torch world. My biggest foe with torches has always been BJD. it seems like I get a good stock going, then a hammer jellies up and I start losing torches.
My first step is the chemical cocktail in a separate 10g tank. I move them over in the dark, and medicate after turning a low power light on. The Hope being they are up taking the medicated water as they inflate. I normally leave them 5-6 hours in the bath.

I'm also very quick, to cut off any heads that I even THINK may be too far gone. Bjd can transfer, way too easily.

@MERKEY

Would you mind dropping the cocktail instructions?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.5%
Back