Gus’s 40 Fusion Reboot

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting, what I've heard from growers around here is that pruning too early rather than too late causes them to herm.
Ask why. Make them explain this to you.

They won't be able to because it's a total croc of crap.

But I'm not a head grower; more like cultivation assistant and trimmer when needed. most of my work is around retail management and wholesale buying and selling.
Do you grow for yourself?

PhishMonger84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ask why. Make them explain this to you.

They won't be able to because it's a total croc of crap.

Do you grow for yourself?
Not currently, I used to, prior to being in the industry but not now with my role requiring me to enter the grow weekly. We treat the rooms like a clean room, no outside clothes/shoes ect and no one with an active homegrow is allowed in.

But as the buyer for 2 stores i get lots of samples and i was in the agricultural college so i have lots of friends with awesome basement grows. living soil, no till, really beautiful stuff. 2 of which are the head growers for much larger operations than ours

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not currently, I used to, prior to being in the industry but not now with my role requiring me to enter the grow weekly. We treat the rooms like a clean room, no outside clothes/shoes ect and no one with an active homegrow is allowed in.

But as the buyer for 2 stores i get lots of samples and i was in the agricultural college so i have lots of friends with awesome basement grows. living soil, no till, really beautiful stuff. 2 of which are the head growers for much larger operations than ours
Before you grow for yourself next time, I'd recommend the book cannabis cultivation by George Cervantes. It'll help you clear through some of that incorrect information.

Offering dangerous to the plant, advice with a caveat of "I do this professionally" (when you don't grow professionally) is not a good look.

In fact, that's exactly the reason I left the cannabis cultivation sub Reddit as a featured contributor because armchair quarterbacks giving proven bad advice over and over, then it being repeated to the detriment of hobby growers don't really know better.

(Just realized that there are a lot of parallels between that and this forum)

PhishMonger84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude, we have had 4 head growers and they all impart upon you different things.

I base the information i shared with you, in a friendly way, off of the last 2 years with a grower who took our plants to new heights.

I don't grow at my home but i am involved with our professional grow. so, I don't feel as though i misspoke or misrepresented myself. In Massachusetts we have the tightest regulations for cannabis in the country with the toughest testing protocols, basement growers never last in this market and the ones that make it any amount of time produce garbage that need remediation. We don't have those issues.

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did somebody say Jawbreakers:D?
20230524_174959.jpg

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude, we have had 4 head growers and they all impart upon you different things.

I base the information i shared with you, in a friendly way, off of the last 2 years with a grower who took our plants to new heights.

Since you seem to have gotten it twisted, my recommendation for that book was also a friendly recommendation as it's a great one. I have one on my desk at home and another I loan out.
Your and my conversation here started with you espousing incorrect information that could have ruined a single plant grow. That's a big loss to the group. That book would be a help to cutting through the noise.

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since you seem to have gotten it twisted, my recommendation for that book was also a friendly recommendation as it's a great one. I have one on my desk at home and another I loan out.
Your and my conversation here started with you espousing incorrect information that could have ruined a single plant grow. That's a big loss to the group. That book would be a help to cutting through the noise.
I still totally have those 15 yo F1's from back in the day. Pretty sure some kinda G13 6 weeker came from the OG parents somewhere along the way:D A few of these need to make it out there somehows;)

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still totally have those 15 yo F1's from back in the day. Pretty sure some kinda G13 6 weeker came from the OG parents somewhere along the way:D A few of these need to make it out there somehows;)
I've got got a handful of the cup winning Ghost Train Haze bred by the rare dankness.

Sounds like a trade to me!

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got got a handful of the cup winning Ghost Train Haze bred by the rare dankness.

Sounds like a trade to me!
Sounds like we just need to get it done already. Only a few left to crack honestly all attempts in last 5 years have failed but I haven't gotten too crazy with the attempts and know it's possible. 2 out of every 3 have been direct replicas of og mom some even better honestly. It's about time they get a good try at a crackin lol

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like we just need to get it done already. Only a few left to crack honestly all attempts in last 5 years have failed but I haven't gotten too crazy with the attempts and know it's possible. 2 out of every 3 have been direct replicas of og mom some even better honestly. It's about time they get a good try at a crackin lol
Are you pre soaking them?

Were they from a breeding, dedicated seed run?

OP
OP
DonTavo27

DonTavo27

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@LRT did that last jawbreaker Brendon sent you survive?
No broseph I haven't had a ton of luck with Jawbreakers across the board. The JB I have now are the old school kmaintl and poletti and 1 new school that I happened to save out of a batch of 12. Super finicky in my system not sure why man. Plus just had a bunch of user error on my end and found a rusted razor blade that ended up in my system from the gmk removals last year. Currently on the rebound with whatever made it through the madness and trying to recover from the metal toxification I guess lol

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No broseph I haven't had a ton of luck with Jawbreakers across the board. The JB I have now are the old school kmaintl and poletti and 1 new school that I happened to save out of a batch of 12. Super finicky in my system not sure why man. Plus just had a bunch of user error on my end and found a rusted razor blade that ended up in my system from the gmk removals last year. Currently on the rebound with whatever made it through the madness and trying to recover from the metal toxification I guess lol
I told you to stop shaving in the tank!!!

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I told you to stop shaving in the tank!!!
Dude I got that scraper with the blades for the gmk removals and never even noticed that the blade slid out of the scraper and ended up behind the magnet on the rack. It was madness that day trying to do it all quick like with the zoas and all trying to be safe I ended up nuking the tank with the razor blade haha man ill tell ya.
Pretty sure I was drinking and driving that day too so as always your 100% on point haha!

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude I got that scraper with the blades for the gmk removals and never even noticed that the blade slid out of the scraper and ended up behind the magnet on the rack. It was madness that day trying to do it all quick like with the zoas and all trying to be safe I ended up nuking the tank with the razor blade haha man ill tell ya.
Pretty sure I was drinking and driving that day too so as always your 100% on point haha!
Should have a Weird crap you have found in your tank, thread.

I've found a Rediculous number of non tank things in the frag tank..

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back