Gyre 350 Random Mode

denverjon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pair of gyre 350's and have decided that I like the random mode. My question is this...should I run them on sync or anti-synch. For whatever reason I'm having a hard time understanding the difference.

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sync means both pumps operate exactly the same. Antisync means when one pump is high, the other is low, but the pattern is the same. I run my two XF330s in anti sync mode to get the best coverage in the tank. left to right they both sit horizontally near the top of the tank. If you were to use sync with the two gyres facing each other it would create a wave in the middle. If you wanted to sync I would face the gyres with similiar flow patterns like in the image below pulled that from the maxspect link (site needs to be redone):

1593478437508.png

OP
OP
D

denverjon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the advice. That makes sense now. I have my pumps horizontally near the top of the tank on opposite ends facing each other so it sounds like anti sync is what I want.

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes... you think they would make that info more clear. I think I’ll work on a write up about it. My corals like the alternating flow, wish it still had the Neptune integration though. Do you have the WiFi controller?

wcharon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one in Random and the other in pulse mode and i really like it. But have to admit never tried the Antisync mode.

Didn't like the OGC neither the LTC modes.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 33.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 16.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back