Gyre and Microbubbles?

Breakthecycle2

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 1, 2013
Messages
3,653
Reaction score
824
Location
Hasbrouck Heights, NJ
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have mine set about 4" below the water line at around 60%. It's creating a mini cyclone and spitting microbubbles into the tank. Should I put it lower? I'm only asking because I was under the impression it had to be as close to the surface as possible.
 
I would lower it. There is a thread here with the same issue.
 
I had issues with this after cleaning it. After an hour or two I realized I put the blades on backwards. Switched them and it eliminated the issue immediately.
 
Not really sure but I bet if you switch them the micro bubbles will go away!
 
Mine's at 50% maybe 2 inches below the water and never had this issue. The gyre pulls water from below it when in normal mode so I'm not sure how that could happen.
 
Mine's at 50% maybe 2 inches below the water and never had this issue. The gyre pulls water from below it when in normal mode so I'm not sure how that could happen.
I learn something new every day :-)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new