Gyre cloud edition instructions?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone find any better documentation on the CE controllers? I had no problems getting mine set up and on wifi (granted basic settings) but I just noticed a red icon on the controller that I can't find in any of their documentation other other than main page as just one of the warning icons?
PXL_20230722_000009498.jpg

How long has have you had the gyres in use? I'm wondering if that is the alert that cleaning is due or if that is only displayed on the phone app. I have the 350 cloud edition on my shelf as I've not had time to set it up yet.

I thought I read somewhere that there is an alert for cleaning but not sure if that is it. Unless that is an alert to say something is blocking a blade.

penguinexdeus

Poor Decision Maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long has have you had the gyres in use? I'm wondering if that is the alert that cleaning is due or if that is only displayed on the phone app. I have the 350 cloud edition on my shelf as I've not had time to set it up yet.

I thought I read somewhere that there is an alert for cleaning but not sure if that is it. Unless that is an alert to say something is blocking a blade.
Everything was spinning. Went into app and didn't see anything but I did click on 'reset cleaning reminder' in settings and it went away. So I think your right about it being a cleaning reminder. Not much of a reminder though if app doesn't notify you or say anything about it.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything was spinning. Went into app and didn't see anything but I did click on 'reset cleaning reminder' in settings and it went away. So I think your right about it being a cleaning reminder. Not much of a reminder though if app doesn't notify you or say anything about it.

Thanks for the reply. I wasn't sure so was just taking a stab at it. I really need to get mine installed but wanted to reach out and confirm the back magnet is safe to place in water. I have to place one on a side that is my overflow so it will be wet.

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are two symbols, the one that was photographed by @penguinexdeus is the cleaning reminder. This is just reminder that you will see every 90 days to remind you to clean the pump on the controller only from our understanding.

1690256285743.png

^
Cleaning

There is a symbol that is similar at first glance, but is slightly different and an indication that the pump speed has slowed down or stopped and it might be jammed. Inspect for any sign of a jam to clear the error.

1690256275757.png

^
Jam

Sbutts4444

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t even figure out how to put them together. Based on the price I thought this would have been a top notch company. Thinking of packing it back up and returning.

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t even figure out how to put them together. Based on the price I thought this would have been a top notch company. Thinking of packing it back up and returning.

The Maxspect Cloud Edition pumps come already assembled other than the flow directors. These should just clip on to the pump and you can aim them any direction you wish. If you have something wrong with the unit and it's not fully assembled, our support team would be happy to help ensure it's put together right: https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/customer-service

Any videos out on setup yet

Maxspect did a series of videos for controller set up with the app set up coming in the future. Once I see the app videos out and available I'll try to remember to post them here for everyone:

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The link has a playlist of 10 videos. If you opt to go to Youtube you should see this on the right side, or you can see a drop down list of the others in the upper right corner of the video if you stay on this page to watch them.

AL210

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a heck of a time getting this setup. 1st you must have a 2.4g Wi-Fi. 5g won’t work. Took me several power toggles before that app finally picked it up. Secondly the app on apple devices is very buggy. Crashes a lot and has trouble connecting. A power toggle helps sometimes. Pretty disappointed at this point. The unit needs a firmware update as well as the app. Never had this problem with IceCap gyre pump kit.

TastyScrants

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone worked out how to set flow patterns on the actual controller?

My controller thinks I have 2 pumps so it won’t let me save the settings.

I’ve given up on the absolutely terrible cloud app!

btltez

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone worked out how to set flow patterns on the actual controller?

My controller thinks I have 2 pumps so it won’t let me save the settings.

I’ve given up on the absolutely terrible cloud app!
Nope. I've just been running on constant flow since I bought them when they came out. I have no idea how to get a good wave flow. I don't know what all the icons mean. And they still haven't done a video worth anything except the guy with bad nails and no audio. Won't buy these again.

fodsod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got 2 of the 330 cloud edition gyres from Maxspect. They work as they should and I like the extra directional control they have via the new attachments for each side of the powerhead. What I don't care for is the app and the limited functionality of the controller.

Currently I just have one on each end of my 90g facing each other and they alternate direct flow for 30 seconds at a time. The back and forth flow pattern seems to work pretty well. My corals are growing and doing well. I expected more for the price.

Last edited:

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We do appreciate the feedback that is being shared. We are continuing to provide feedback we receive on the Maxspect Gyres to the team over at Maxspect so they can better the product and app and hopefully make it more intuitive as well as focus their instruction efforts in the right place.

btltez

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We do appreciate the feedback that is being shared. We are continuing to provide feedback we receive on the Maxspect Gyres to the team over at Maxspect so they can better the product and app and hopefully make it more intuitive as well as focus their instruction efforts in the right place.
Thanks BRS. They need to explain it. All those icons and arrows etc. I'm sure a big part of the problem is user error and or ignorance but I can't figure it out. And things like...on the app...ok hit pump A and it opens up and you see Pump A and Pump B. You click again on Pump A and set wave and speed then below that is Pump B again. It just makes no sense to me.

Seascapes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I figured out that if you choose a wave pattern and set the intensity, then you can select it by holding down the button. They do this in the video, but it’s not evident. It would be very helpful if their instructional video ACTUALLY HAD WORDS!!!
Need to file a warranty claim l. One of my cloud 330 pump died. Is there a way to program one pump until I get a replacement? I also need the warranty website

penguinexdeus

Poor Decision Maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need to file a warranty claim l. One of my cloud 330 pump died. Is there a way to program one pump until I get a replacement? I also need the warranty website
Beginning of summer i had to file a claim - the resources on their website to contact them didn't work then (looks like site was update since though). I eventually got in touch by e-mailing [email protected]

For my issue (vibration/ seizing of impellers) on a month old pump they asked for a lot of photos/ videos of what i thought was wrong as well as wanted to confirm i did all the normal troubleshooting things like cleaning the pump. Because of time difference with them being in Hong Kong it took multiple days. Eventually they agreed to send replacement parts and it took a few weeks for them to actually send it. Wasn't difficult just took time/ was a process.

Sent me just the parts i needed to fix my pump (motor assembly) but they did send a spare also. Had to figure out how to fix because again - not a lot of instructions on assembly/ disassembly and there are a few things that weren't apparent or shown in the assembly/ disassembly drawings/ videos when removing the impellers/ motor rotor in order to put the impellers on the motor they sent. In end worked out ok and haven't had any running issues since - but not a great experience.

Nemoreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did anyone manage to get this to do OGC cycle? All my corals were happy with OGC and now I switched to cloud controller and that option is not there anymore?

dlh5150

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently purchased and installed the Maxspect Gyre XF300 Advance Cloud Controller to control one XF330 Cloud Edition and XF350 Cloud Edition. Like others in this thread, I've had struggles getting the app to properly communicate with the controller. My wifi coverage is great, so I can only assume the issue is either with the controller or the app. Regardless, after multiple reboots of the controller, I was able to use the app to access the programming modes. After reading some comments in this thread about a lack of a proper manual or understanding of certain symbols, I decided to take some screenshots while in the programming mode in case it helps someone. I'm attaching as a PDF (6 pages total). Hope it helps someone. Happy Easter!

Attachments

• Maxspect-Gyre-XF300-Advanced-Cloud-Controller_Wave-Patterns.pdf
    721.1 KB · Views: 30

Nemoreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently purchased and installed the Maxspect Gyre XF300 Advance Cloud Controller to control one XF330 Cloud Edition and XF350 Cloud Edition. Like others in this thread, I've had struggles getting the app to properly communicate with the controller. My wifi coverage is great, so I can only assume the issue is either with the controller or the app. Regardless, after multiple reboots of the controller, I was able to use the app to access the programming modes. After reading some comments in this thread about a lack of a proper manual or understanding of certain symbols, I decided to take some screenshots while in the programming mode in case it helps someone. I'm attaching as a PDF (6 pages total). Hope it helps someone. Happy Easter!
Thank you so much, I would also add this following screenshot to help. Not completely sure but I think it is this,
1. Maximum flow forward
2. Maximum Flow reverse
3. Ramp up time
4. Duration at maximum forward flow
5. Ramp down time
6. Duration at maximum Reverse flow.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240331_142843_Syna-G Cloud.jpg
    Screenshot_20240331_142843_Syna-G Cloud.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 19

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back