H.O. Refugium

R

reef-nut

Guest
View Badges
Does the hang on refugiums work as good as the undertank refugium/sump? I have a 29 gallon nano that I am wanting to put a refugium on. I can get a h.o. refugium with pump for $99. ???????
 
Does the hang on refugiums work as good as the undertank refugium/sump? I have a 29 gallon nano that I am wanting to put a refugium on. I can get a h.o. refugium with pump for $99. ???????

The aquaclear 110 filters converted to fuges work awesome.
 
I say any time you can add a refugium, go for it. They add volume and more copepods, etc to your tank. Can't hurt. Sure HOB ones aren't as big as you could get with an under tank one, but every little bit helps.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 30.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new