H. Reidi Water Parameters Question

  • Thread starter Thread starter goody
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

goody

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 2, 2010
Messages
1,007
Reaction score
194
Location
Carlsbad, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm considering buying a pair of H Reidi from a local member who says they are eating frozen. I've never kept seahorses before, but I think they would make a great addition to my macroalgae tank.
I've read a couple of different temp ranges for the water 70-74° and 72°-78°, so which do you recommend? I don't do water changes on my macroalgae tank, so I'm wondering if the water would be too dirty. What should other water parameters like no3 and po4 be?
 
seahorses need excellent water quality all the time, poor water quality will kill them very quick, the seahorse tank should be cleaner than a reef tank.

Its never a good idea to add seahorses to a tank as an after thought and hope they can adjust to the tank conditions, it won't happen. Its best to build the tank specifically for the seahorse, and then add other things and expect those things to adapt to the seahorse tank.
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new