hack a Rossmont waver?

slojim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DIY forum or controller forum - not sure.
I have some rossmont gear that I'm pretty happy with, but with their demise, I'm sure the day will come that my app for control will need an update, and I'll lose the ability to control the pumps. The waver has an infrastructure mode with wifi or direct mode, so I'm thinking there must be some way to gain control through a web interface, but I've no idea where to start. I tried to login to the ip address without success. I did not have stable network signal in that corner of the house when I set it up, so it's in direct mode, not infrastructure mode.
I'm wondering if anyone here can point me in the right direction - not necessarily rossmont specific, but a resource or forum where I might learn what I need to know to keep this gear going once app support is obsolete.

Montiman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having Rossmont stuff myself I don't worry because I can always keep the APK file and an old android device to program the unit. Even if the App is removed from the play store I can still upload it from the APK.

OP
OP
S

slojim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that's a good idea, I downloaded the apk file. I may try to run it off my old kindle and see what happens, or install an android emulator on my PC.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 67 74.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 9 10.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 12 13.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back