Hacking an Illumagic light for reef-pi control

  • Thread starter Thread starter mawhins
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Yeah I tried both thinking it would be Port 0 but it doesn't actually execute. That could be a clue I suppose. Will retry and pay more attention to the error when I get home.
 
I updated config and included both ports so now i2cdetect gives an empty grid on both 0 and 1. Does there have to be a device attached to the breakout board for i2cdetect to work or should it be detecting the chip on the pca9688?
 
It should be detecting the chip; the pca9685 doesn't need anything else connected to it in order for the pi to find it.
Do you have another rpi you could test with? Or maybe another pca9685 breakout board?
 
I do have the pi I'm using for my media centre so ive been thinking of configuring that to do both just as a test. The pca9685 is a cheap chinesium board. Should have got an adafruit perhaps but was too impatient.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 27.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 29.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.2%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new