OP
Haggisman14

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mix rox carbon and brs gfo in a bag and stuff it in the bottom of my third chamber where water flows in from chamber 2. I change it every three weeks. Hope it works for you! Good luck.

That's the exact same stuff I got. I have it right where the water cascades from chamber 1 in to chamber 2. I have my HOB skimmer pipe in chamber 2, so it's keeping the bag right where the water cascades.

I'm hoping to see some improvement between that, and the water changes that I'll start implementing. I have been noticing that my water isn't crystal clear, so I'm sure the carbon will help out with that, and the GFO i'm really hoping will help my algae issue, and help the SPS finally take off in the right direction!

OP
OP
Haggisman14

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I couldn't hold off on doing my first water change until this weekend. Mixed up water last night, and did my first 5 gallon water change. Will keep up on my weekly 5 gallon water changes to get things swapped over.

Will try and post some pictures over the weekend.

Thanks for looking!

OP
OP
Haggisman14

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, I know it's been a long while without any updates, and just wanted to let everyone know i'll be stepping away from the hobby for awhile again. Tank took a pretty bad turn quite a few months back, and I'm currently breaking it down and parting it out. It was fun, but don't have the time/resources to keep things going at the moment. I'll be back...just don't know when.

Best of luck to everyone! Happy reefing...and until I see y'all again!

Fir3ant

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One more little update. I think another reason I'm having some great growth recently is due to my lighting schedule. I know I want a hydra 26 in the worst way, but right now my Kessil 160 tuna blue is doing a great job. For the first time over the past 2 weeks I"ve bumped the intensity up to about 3/4 full, and have my spectrum just over halfway during most of the day. They have about 8 hours of that spectrum, and then when I get home I ramp it down to all blues for the remainder of the night. Been seeing amazing growth all around, and my torch and hammer really seem to be happy for a change!

Thant's all!
So what is your light schedule? Do u have the remote

OP
OP
Haggisman14

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For anyone that used to follow this thread/build....

I"m back! Started a Deskmate back up in Feburary, and finally have it stocked with corals! If you want to watch the journey...check out the link! As always, thanks to everyone that followed along!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back