Hailea chiller question

akhilennium

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 4, 2014
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Location
Hyderabad, India
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All. I have a hailea 1000a chiller using for my 60gallons reef tank. Current I have a 3500 lph pump for the chiller. It takes 40 minutes to cool the tank to set temperature. I think I need a lower flow rate pump, so there is more contact time with coil in chiller. My question is, What flow rate pump shall I use with my hailea 1000a chiller? Is 1500 lph flow too low or just perfect? Please help!
 
2000-4000 lph on quick Google search. I'm no expert but on my chiller when I ran less flow it ran less. You got to have plenty of vented space for the chillers efficiency.(No blockage of the fan ) You should account for at less 6' of head pressure for the chiller by itself not including the connections into or out. I run a 60cube, 21sump, gyre, skimz 143 ps,sicce 5.0 pushes display and 3.0 pushes 1/10 HP chiller and reactor at 76° it doesn't kicks on that often. When it does it's probably for five minutes
 
2000-4000 lph on quick Google search. I'm no expert but on my chiller when I ran less flow it ran less. You got to have plenty of vented space for the chillers efficiency.(No blockage of the fan ) You should account for at less 6' of head pressure for the chiller by itself not including the connections into or out. I run a 60cube, 21sump, gyre, skimz 143 ps,sicce 5.0 pushes display and 3.0 pushes 1/10 HP chiller and reactor at 76° it doesn't kicks on that often. When it does it's probably for five minutes
Wow... That's nice. I have 1 HP chiller and takes about 30 mins to cool the tank. Is that a problem?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 11 6.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 28 15.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 59 33.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 27 15.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new