OP
OP
SearchN

SearchN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the ID! So many different things can live in saltwater and even the same types can look different. The fourth picture down on the Lionfish Lair link was the one that looked most like mine.
Thanks again for the help R2R members are great! :)

OP
OP
SearchN

SearchN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woke up this morning and found these on my heater dial, camera was ready this time, its a 50 watt heater and you can see the numbers to get an idea of their size. They do move pretty quickly, the third picture shows them separated. Thought I would post these in case anyone is interested. Also took a video if anyone would like to see it, I still need to setup an account to upload it.
:) Thanks David

SANY0272.jpg

SANY0267.jpg

SANY0277-2.jpg

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woke up this morning and found these on my heater dial, camera was ready this time, its a 50 watt heater and you can see the numbers to get an idea of their size. They do move pretty quickly, the third picture shows them separated. Thought I would post these in case anyone is interested. Also took a video if anyone would like to see it, I still need to setup an account to upload it.
:) Thanks David

SANY0272.jpg

SANY0267.jpg

SANY0277-2.jpg

Awesome images, shows great contrast. Really hard to capture a decent image of ctenophore. I love good follow up thanks. :)

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you do a search for images, there's barely any out there of how they look in our tank, because they are so hard to capture.

OP
OP
SearchN

SearchN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad you like them! I did a couple of videos as well, but they are on PhotoBucket and won't import on the forum. Could post the links if anyone wants to see them, if that is allowed to do.
Thanks David

OP
OP
SearchN

SearchN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope these work, first time posting videos here.

This is a quick video of my Ctenophore feeding.

Here is a slightly longer vid of the Ctenophore. If you look at the side of the temperature knob you'll notice them move. Kinda surprised they move that quick..they can be gone in the time it takes to get a cup of coffee! :D

When I first saw these I thought it was something different. They were on the heater bracket and lumped together so they looked totally different then those on the snails shell.

Hope you enjoy the vids!
Thanks David :)

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can't always see that glob base... thingy. If it were sitting on a leather, you may not notice the base at all, just the casting string. The bottom video shows the blob quite well.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 48 25.4%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 48 25.4%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 43 22.8%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 46 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back