Halcurias carlgreni

  • Thread starter Thread starter DiscoDon
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

DiscoDon

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 2, 2021
Messages
11
Reaction score
4
Location
Indianapolis
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Last week, I purchased one of these guys not knowing anything about them. All I can find is that they are cold water nems requiring mysis shrimp. Does anyone else have any additional info like water flow, need of a substrate, frequency of feeding, lighting (I am guessing it does not need), tankmates, etc.

Thank you,

Don
 
I can't find much either, unfortunately.

They're reportedly coldwater (reportedly 66-72F), NPS (requiring daily feedings), have a toxin called Halcurin (which is somewhat ironic since these have been transferred to a new genus, and the official name for these nems is now Isohalcurias carlgreni), they're found at depths ranging from 10-120m, and the only info on their habitat beyond that is that they're habitat is "shelf"* (I don't know if that means reef-shelf or continental-shelf though, and it's vague enough as is).

*Source:
https://www.marinespecies.org/aphia.php?p=taxdetails&id=290064#notes
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 34.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 23 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new