Halide issues

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tab28
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Tab28

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 1, 2011
Messages
2,182
Reaction score
217
Location
Orlando
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two bulb SE system. Recently two new bulbs will not start up every day. If i unscrew and rescrew them back into sockets they fire up.

Does this sound like maybe the bottom contact inside socket just needs to be bent up a little? Or socket needs replacing?
 
I have two bulb SE system. Recently two new bulbs will not start up every day. If i unscrew and rescrew them back into sockets they fire up.

Does this sound like maybe the bottom contact inside socket just needs to be bent up a little? Or socket needs replacing?
I had issues with my dual bulb system repeatedly. Not sure if this is happening to you, but mine were getting too hot and melting pretty much everything. Sent the entire fixture back to manufacturer multiple times only to repeat the same thing. I switched to leds and had an explosion in coral growth! I would try swapping the socket and checking internal wiring 1st. If all else fails, call the company and ask if they will help.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new