Hammer coral not extending around edges

cdstanley0123

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 6, 2025
Messages
47
Reaction score
19
Location
united kingdom
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I was wondering if you can help me. I added this branching hammer frag 5 days ago and over the past couple of days the polyps around the edges don’t seem to be puffing up and look deflated

My current parameters are

Salinity 1.025
Temp 25.2 to 25.5 fluctuating
Alk 8
Calcium 432
Magnesium 1410
Nitrate between 5 and 10
Ph 8
Phosphate 0.02


20251210_104138_AC7ECCD3-B621-45F8-B71C-7CEA1702141F.png

20251210_104138_FB428B69-C3FF-492F-96E7-CCF14006E8DD.png

20251210_104138_B9D794EB-022C-401C-83C5-5DDBDBDB4705.png
 
5 days is a very short time for a coral to acclimate to a new tank. With that said, ensure its getting enough light and flow, it kind of looks like its in a shaded spot at the moment (but it might be just the picture angle)
 
Do you have any other LPS corals in your tank? How are they doing?

I would try and move it to where it is getting more light and better flow and see how it does there.
 
Give it time. I’ve found hammers tend to sulk for a bit. Make sure the flow is decent but not too heavy and as it acclimated it will open more!
 
Hi all,

I was wondering if you can help me. I added this branching hammer frag 5 days ago and over the past couple of days the polyps around the edges don’t seem to be puffing up and look deflated

My current parameters are

Salinity 1.025
Temp 25.2 to 25.5 fluctuating
Alk 8
Calcium 432
Magnesium 1410
Nitrate between 5 and 10
Ph 8
Phosphate 0.02


20251210_104138_AC7ECCD3-B621-45F8-B71C-7CEA1702141F.png

20251210_104138_FB428B69-C3FF-492F-96E7-CCF14006E8DD.png

20251210_104138_B9D794EB-022C-401C-83C5-5DDBDBDB4705.png
Looks ok to me. Most likely still acclimating to your tank. What other corals do you have and how are they doing?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new