Hammer Coral Price

Bear Claw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm on reefnbin right now and am bidding on some corals. I was looking to get some hammers and I have a bid on an orange hammer coral, golden, and rainbow. The orange is currently $102, the golden is $40 and the rainbow is $76. Is this good pricing or should I drop them and look for a better deal on some hammers somewhere else.

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Seems a few sites have the copper hammers prices fairly high at the moment, so maybe 40$ is a good deal, but I think I paid $40 for mine on a sale. . .

ReefStable

Reef Stable
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, I would look at a few vendors and compare what you can get them for.

In the end of the day, they're worth what you're willing to pay. Size, condition, health, color, and aquaculture vs wild are factors as well.

Derrick0580

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can wait I’m sure you can get a good deal at at frag swap if any are near by. If you have to have them right away then bid on them. Make sure your tank is ready for hammers or you will be throwing money away anyway.

DIYreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
$50 for shipping??? They gotta be insane!!

They most likely ship via priority overnight, which is basically industry standard. While $50 may seem high for most any other products, these are live animals so limiting time in transit is imperative. I ship corals fairly regularly (I also charge $50 for shipping) and it actually costs me more than $50 to ship a box most of the time.

Derrick0580

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They most likely ship via priority overnight, which is basically industry standard. While $50 may seem high for most any other products, these are live animals so limiting time in transit is imperative. I ship corals fairly regularly (I also charge $50 for shipping) and it actually costs me more than $50 to ship a box most of the time.
Maybe so, but they won’t even guarantee the overnight delivery is what gets me. If it doesn’t show the next day there isn’t any refund on the shipping fee.

OP
OP
B

Bear Claw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went with it. Ended up spending $231. A little bit of buyer's remorse but I think they will look awesome. Hopefully, the orange neon coral will get me a bit of money back eventually when I frag it.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 80 55.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.0%
Back