Hammer Coral Problem

Resz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I am currently having a problem with my hammer coral. It was always fine for the last few months. But suddenly, it is receding from the tissue up over the past few days.

My Tank parameters are
Ammonia - 0mg/L
Nitrite - 0mg/L
NO3 - 25mg/L
PO4 - 0.52mg/L
Alk - 7
Mg - 1460
Cal - 460

Another back story is that I used to have a few other wall hammers. But I had introduced a new wall hammer in and that hammer had the same issue, it receded from the bottom up. When that hammer died, another wall hammer started showing the same issue. It followed suite for the next wall 2 hammers. Eventually causing my collapse of hammer garden.
I am down with that last branching hammer. But now it is also showing the same issue. Could it be due to bacteria infection? Or is something wrong with my parameters?

What should I also do? Use antibiotics dip?

Thanks

20221007_201349.jpg

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Based on your progress report, I would read this and follow their plan of action:

You don't have a bad fishies or crab eating them? Only other thing that might cause what you describe, if your numbers are correct, imo

OP
OP
R

Resz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Based on your progress report, I would read this and follow their plan of action:

You don't have a bad fishies or crab eating them? Only other thing that might cause what you describe, if your numbers are correct, imo
I have 2 clownfish, 2 possum wrasse, 1 midas blenny, 1 algae blenny, 2 watanabei angelfish but are currently in a isolation box as they are newly introduced, 1 sea hare, a few nassarius and astrea snails and 2 kuekenthali shrimp.

I can only foresee the kuekenthali shrimp damaging them. But the shrimps normally dont bother the hammer corals. But they do only bother the acans when I spot feed them.

Thanks for the link, I will read up on it.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.4%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 61 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.7%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back