OP
OP
Uzair Aiman

Uzair Aiman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, many times this issue resolved itself. Metro and/or prazi in the water may also help. Drugs mixed with focus typically fail because the dosage is totally uncontrolled, you have no idea how much medication the fish are getting.
Jay
Alright. Thanks alot Jay! Appreciate it alot <3

LuizW13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ill try my best to get the Seachem Metroplex + Focus as there have been Seachem products lying around. Can it be directly used in the DT?
If i'm not mistaken, the packaging says it's safe, but I don't think I would do it. I have always used it in a QT whenever I got new fish.
Yes, many times this issue resolved itself. Metro and/or prazi in the water may also help. Drugs mixed with focus typically fail because the dosage is totally uncontrolled, you have no idea how much medication the fish are getting.
Jay
True. What I do, instead of trying to match the medication with the amount of food, I kind of do the opposite and make a big batch food to the recommended dosage, even if it's too much food, and let it soak for while- super scientific. But yeah, even then you can't really tell how much medication the fish is eating.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If i'm not mistaken, the packaging says it's safe, but I don't think I would do it. I have always used it in a QT whenever I got new fish.

True. What I do, instead of trying to match the medication with the amount of food, I kind of do the opposite and make a big batch food to the recommended dosage, even if it's too much food, and let it soak for while- super scientific. But yeah, even then you can't really tell how much medication the fish is eating.
I have an article above this section on how to properly dose medicated food, but it is pretty complicated.
Jay

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 18.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 16 18.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 46 51.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.0%
Back