Hammer Coral Splitting

  • Thread starter Thread starter BootyPup
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

BootyPup

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 17, 2017
Messages
225
Reaction score
312
Location
MA
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, so over the past week I have notice the head on my Hammer coral has been splitting. I can see two distinct mouths and it seems to be pulling apart. I am espcially happy about this since this used to be a double headed Hammer that was a nice size, but a rock fell over and one of the heads died. The other came close to dying but lived but was small. It has finally grown back up.
I just felt like sharing this as I found it interested and I am sure someone else will too.

(Excuse my GHA, I know, I am upset by it as well)

Hammer1.jpg

Hammer2.jpg

Hammer3.jpg
 
Just wait ti'll it gets nice and big :) Mine split from a single head to about 25-30
 
Just wait ti'll it gets nice and big :) Mine split from a single head to about 25-30

I am not sure I can wait :) , I am very happy it is getting back considering this coral did almost die. Hopefully he will keep on going!
 
I have this very same scenario right now and I was worried due to it seemingly thinning, but I think it’s splitting! Could it be true?
8830CC86-DFFA-40C4-BE96-A7D25DDB912D.jpeg
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7236.MOV
    18.9 MB

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new