Hammer coral spread out

  • Thread starter Thread starter talon
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

talon

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 11, 2015
Messages
68
Reaction score
17
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My hammer coral seems to be spreading out like it’s getting too much or not enough light. Or maybe it could be a flow problem. Any ideas? I also attached a screenshot of apex water conditions. Phosphate is 0-0.01 trying to get that up a little with nitrates around 20. Using two Red Sea 90 at 70% blue 35% white and have two reef wave 25 but only running at 10% each.

22ED1CA0-EFA1-4183-81BB-2F35091947FA.jpeg D7817016-82DD-48A4-90AA-FBB2AE8AE909.png
 
My hammer coral seems to be spreading out like it’s getting too much or not enough light. Or maybe it could be a flow problem. Any ideas? I also attached a screenshot of apex water conditions. Phosphate is 0-0.01 trying to get that up a little with nitrates around 20. Using two Red Sea 90 at 70% blue 35% white and have two reef wave 25 but only running at 10% each.

22ED1CA0-EFA1-4183-81BB-2F35091947FA.jpeg D7817016-82DD-48A4-90AA-FBB2AE8AE909.png
I'm not seeing a problem in the picture.
Why do you think it's flow?
You would have to post a video for us to determine a flow issue.
Coral looks good to me.
How is the tissue under the head?
 
Hammer looks beautiful tho? I guess if u like the tentacles tight around each other then carefully increase the flow. But personally I’d leave your hammer that way.
 
Hammer looks beautiful tho? I guess if u like the tentacles tight around each other then carefully increase the flow. But personally I’d leave your hammer that way.
Thanks for the response. I just thought it seemed droopy is maybe the right word. The pictures I was finding of them they seemed tighter together. I thought it may be a lighting issue and that it may lead to problems. I am happy if the coral is fine and won’t change anything unless I need to.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 10 24.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 36.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new