Hammer coral tentacles on top dont extend

  • Thread starter Thread starter Fink
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Fink

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
May 12, 2020
Messages
1,062
Reaction score
1,192
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning,
Ive had this hammer coral frag for a couple of weejs now, and it seems like no matter where I put him, he doesn't extend the top few tentacles.
The only thing I havent tried is the sandbed. Do hammers prefer to be that low in the tank?
20200601_112803.jpg
 
It looks just fine to me. Main reason they would be retracted is high light, but yours doesn't look stressed.
 
Okay, cool. All of the hammer pictures I see they are like perfect balls of tentacles, so I thought maybe something was wrong with mine.

I'm still a newbie, i get stressed whenever things don't seem perfect...
 
The hammer looks beautiful and i can't see anything wrong with it. I've had hammers with tentacles like that and they will grow. I generally start my hammers on the sand bed and then onto the rock. They're generally pretty tolerant--at least mine are. GL
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new