Hammer Flow Question

  • Thread starter Thread starter Manc57
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Manc57

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 11, 2022
Messages
43
Reaction score
46
Location
Chicago
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been trying to dial in "moderate" flow for my hammer coral. Still pretty new at this, so I flip flop between "Too Much" and "Not Enough".
Hoping you all can take a peek at this video and let me know if I need to make any corrections. TIA
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1874.MOV
    19.6 MB
Been trying to dial in "moderate" flow for my hammer coral. Still pretty new at this, so I flip flop between "Too Much" and "Not Enough".
Hoping you all can take a peek at this video and let me know if I need to make any corrections. TIA
Avoid extreme light and flow
Subtle to moderate is all it needs
You want them to wave in the current but not to the point that it’s bouncing vigorously or bent over the skeleton putting the polyps at risk of tearing off the skeleton and speaking of skeleton- assure calcium is no less than 390 for skeletal health and growth
 
Thanks VetteGuy. Ca was at 420 this morning. Flow doesn't seem to be too high based on your comment. Appreciate the feedback
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new